Sunday 30 January 2011

Deco Development




Well its has been a grande week development wise and I am properly encouraged by the aesthetics of the first few pieces. A big thank you goes to the lovely Cara Fairbairn Facebook Fans who have already given me some great feedback about the new geometric shapes and future direction of Cara Fairbairn Jewellery. Have a wee look yourself at the images above and let me know what you think, honesty and constructive criticism is always welcome!!
The above necklace and earring prototype are both made from the same scaled sample and this would be the largest size i would produce - more so for the statement pieces yet still very much wearable! Also makes a neat, modern bangle which i loooooove and will be making for myself! :)
I would also produce this shape and pieces in a medium scale and in a small scale to accommodate all my customers needs from the everyday work sized earring to the more dramatic evening wear pieces - mighty excited about getting these into production - only a few more design issues to iron out before its full steam ahead!!
To gold plate or not to gold plate? That is the question, hmmmmmmmm!? I think I want to use round, faceted, Green Onyx with this collection as well as the classic, and expected, Cara Fairbairn use of Freshwater Pearls - however would these pieces not just look beautifully warm and rich if gold plated!? Then comes the manufacturing and production decisions in regards to Gold Plate - more expensive yet more desirable?? So much thought into one collection, but id like to try something new, challenge me and my loyal customers!
Whats your thoughts? Do you prefer the gold aesthetic with a spring/summer collection, or a shiny silver? Our is the Cara Fairbairn trademark aesthetic of aged, oxidised silver the finish that floats your boat!?
More previews of this collection to come - along with final decisions hopefully!!
Cara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment